Info taxes, term and conditions
Tell a friend
WHAT IS IT?
A cycling-specific high performance rainShell knicker halfshort — An ASSOS first!
PA 62%, PU 18%, EA 13%, PFTE 7%
All-season but specifically useful in colder riding conditions.
HOW TO USE IT?
Use it as a protective shell over your ASSOS shorts, knickers or tights in wet riding conditions.
Use in combination with the rS.sturmPrinz (rainShell jacket), rainBootie, rainGlove and rainCap to make the perfect rainproof outfit. In extreme conditions, protect the lower legs by combining the hK.sturmNuss with the ASSOS aftersnowBootie.
Designed to create an ultra compact lower-body leg-protection garment that insulates without hindering movement.
The hK.sturmNuss features five pattern pieces, three different textiles and nine components. Central panels - the most exposed to rain - made of TRITON V2, ensure maximum protection. Side panels, made of ultralight four-way stretch TRITON V1, ensure the sturmNuss follows your pedaling movements.
• Siliconized calf gripper, patterned to fall just below the kneecap.
• ASSOS halfshort-specific waistband construction eliminates unnecessary abdominal pressure.
• Taped seams, where it makes sense, to improve water repellency.
Racing cut. Ergonomic shape fits the body in the cycling position. Clicks on. Follows the body`s movements without restricting them.
• Primary fabric is TRITON (two versions, see Construction, above). This is a brand new family of water protection fabrics developed by the ASSOS textile laboratory, specifically engineered for the ASSOS clima.X product range.
The ASSOS Textile Laboratory developed the TRITON family of fabrics to provide a superior imperme- ability / vapor-permeability ratio. TRITON fabrics are able to adapt to changes in ambient temperature thanks to “flexible membrane barrier technology.” When the temperature is low, the membrane reduces permeability, helping to retain body heat. As the temperature inside the garment rises, the membrane`s pores open to allow accelerated vapor transfer. TRITON fabrics are composite textiles, meaning the delicate inner TRITON membrane is protected by application-specific inner and outer fabric layers that enhance the process of staying dry by allowing evaporation while protecting from the elements.
The hK.sturmNuss uses two versions of TRITON: central panels feature the more robust TRITON V1 fabric; side panels use the ultra-light and extremely elastic strataGonUltra fabric, for more freedom of movement.
TRITON is made in Switzerland in the village next to the ASSOS head office location. It was designed by the ASSOS textile lab to meet the demands of high performance cycling under wet conditions. TRI- TON is not commercially available; it is made for and used by ASSOS exclusively. Tougher, more water- repellent and cheaper fabrics exist, but are they the best choice for the demanding conditions of competitive cycling? We don`t think so.
• Intelligently engineered, cycling-specific raingear that works! • Comprises five pattern pieces, three fabrics and nine components.
• Shaped to fit the body in the cycling position, ensuring freedom of movement in and out of the saddle.
• Incorporates two versions of TRITON fabric, a proprietary ASSOS textile laboratory creation that provides a superior impermeability / vapor-permeability ratio.
• Reacts to changes in body temperature; permeability increases as temperature rises.
• Low volume.
• Relieves unnecessary abdominal pressure with unique waistband construction.
The hK.sturmNuss is a new genre of low volume, high performance raingear specifically created for performance cycling, or as the ideal companion for long-distance touring.
Intelligently engineered, cycling-specific raingear that works!
Available technical data: